Classic BRENT AUTOS Pricing
Each car, or also car fault or repair, is different and depends on make, model, engine size and age, but also its owner’s care and maintenance routine. That’s why we price each job individually upon a detailed chat and inspection.
Contact us to discuss your requirements and for a non-obligatory quote.
Classic BRENT AUTOS Terms
At Classic BRENT AUTOS we pride ourselves for our honest and transparent pricing policy and for our friendly, flexible and no-nonsense approach, but there are a few things that are best put in writing so that we all know what to expect of each other.
Estimation and pricing
- All our estimates include labour as well as any parts required to fix the problems identified; no hidden extras.
- We discuss any work that may be required and get authorisation before carrying out any repairs.
- We make every attempt to provide accurate estimates, but please be aware that these can only be based on initial inspections.
- Where bodywork is required, our standard price includes the painting of damaged or replacement panels only. Depending on the condition of the rest of the vehicle (e.g. wear and tear, UV light damage) adjoining panels may have to be blended in and may incur extra costs (note that insurance companies do not tend to authorise these extra costs).
- Occasionally, worn or damaged parts are discovered, which may not be evident on first inspection. This can be the case for any car, but especially for classic cars.
- Sometimes a diagnostic procedure is required in order to estimate work required.
- Should more work or additional parts be necessary, this will be subject to a supplementary estimate and we will contact you to discuss and to get your authorisation before commencing any work.
- We offer 12 months warranty on mechanical repairs and 3 months on electrical components (e.g. window regulators); restrictions apply.
- All parts are subject to the manufacturer’s warranty terms and conditions.
- In the event of a re-occurring problem within the warranty period we will look at the fault again, however the warranty strictly applies to components as per the original invoice only.
- If in the event of a re-occurring problem within the warranty period, you decide to take your car to a third party, any warranty claims with us are null and void.
- Warranty is also void if any of your car maintenance requirements such as insurance, tax, servicing or MOT have been left to lapse within the warranty period.
- Maintenance requirements also apply to body work, which has to be washed and polished (receipts required) in order retain the quality of the paint/lacquer, or otherwise any warranty is void.
- For water and oil fluid leaks we advise you to have the car engine professionally cleaned as otherwise we cannot guarantee to locate all faults. Generally, once an oil/water leak has been identified and repaired, the likelihood for other leaks to appear increases as this indicates wear and tear and hardening of gaskets and seals.
- Occasionally, when the service light on your dashboard is not illuminated, it can be hard to reset it. In the event that the service light is illuminated after we serviced your vehicle, we will reset it for you.
Picking up your car
- Cars can only be collected within opening hours, or as agreed with the Proprietor; mechanic’s lien applies.
- All cars have to be picked up on the day of completion of the agreed works, unless otherwise agreed with the Proprietor.
- If for any reason you are unable to pick up your car, you need to notify us as soon as possible so that storage arrangements can be made. These will incur extra charges; our payment terms and conditions apply.
- Full payment is due immediately on presentation of the invoice.
- Where work has been authorised by a person/party different to the registered keeper (e.g. spouse, partner, insurance company, accident management repair company), the authorising person/party is liable for payment.
- In the event that works are estimated to be quite substantial or to take longer, a deposit may be required.
- We accept the following payment methods: cash, debit or credit card; BACS transfers are at the discretion of the Proprietor.
- Please note that in the event of late payment extra charges may apply.
- Although complaints can happen, we are fortunate to say that thanks to our commitment to both, high quality work and customer satisfaction, they don’t happen often.
- In the event that you are dissatisfied with any of the work we carried out on your vehicle, we will always endeavour to rectify any problems to your satisfaction.
- We will even go the extra mile to address your complaint in a satisfactory manner, however, please do take note of restrictions due to warranty terms and conditions.
- Finally, be advised that not showing up for your ‘complaint review’ appointment is not covered by ‘going the extra mile’ and will attract a cancellation fee (unless you come up with a really good excuse).
- If you are not turning up for your appointment for a second time, you are taking the mickey and your complaint will be null and void.
- The only data we collect from you are contact details (name, address, contact number, email) and details about your car (registration, make, model)
- The only purpose for collecting these details is so that we can provide our services to you (e.g. to contact you and liaise with you, to find out the MOT and servicing history of your vehicle, to order parts for your vehicle)
- We don’t do email (or any other personalised) marketing and to that end don’t maintain an email list; which means your data can and will not be shared with any third party!
- We ensure the security of your personal data by using secured data storage solutions and procedures which prescribe how we access and manage the information.
- The cookies on our website/s are by WordPress.com and their selected partners only, and only for their own purposes https://en.support.wordpress.com/cookies/